We have many opportunities to get involved in ministry ranging from the traditional Altar Guild to outreach ministries. We believe that every Christian is called to some kind of work for Christ, and that is what ministry is intended to be. A person should be called to a particular ministry to which they are well suited, not just assigned to whatever is available.
Please contact one of the clergy members here and let us discern together how to get involved.
Here are some of the ministries we have in operation:
- Altar Guild: Those responsible for care of the liturgical worship materials. This includes setting up the altar, cleaning, and organizing the equipment.
- Lay Eucharistic Ministers: Those who assist the clergy in distributing the sacraments, both in the worship service and to the homebound.
- Lectors: Those who read the Holy Scriptures in the worship service.
- Music: The Schola leads singing in the worship service and there is a praise band for Wednesday evening.
- Outreach: To assist in bringing relief locally, through Holy Redeemer food pantry, refugee ministries led by Fr. Gabriel, and other local projects. We also have many connections with global outreach efforts in Africa, India, and other parts of the world (See our Missions page for more information).
- Hospitality: The hospitality ministry group hosts a number of fellowship events from weekly coffee hour to receptions for honored guests. They also plan periodic fun evening events for the parish.
- Building Maintenance: There are many needs from basic cleaning and yard work to repairs. This ministry helps us to control costs and keep our facility looking good.